CREATE A SUPERHERO ART CONTEST
We are looking for a Superhero!
Design a superhero that will be used as the mascot for Superhero Fun Day.
1. Eligibility: Students in grades K-12 from any school, or homeschool in North Alabama.
2. Cost is free to enter. Winning ribbons will be awarded to 20% of the entrants. Winners will be displayed at Superhero Fun Day on September 8th, and recognized on social media. The overall winning artist(s) will have his or her Superhero brought to life, and then invited to ride with that Superhero in the Superhero Parade on September 8th.
3. Entries should be done on 8.5”x11” size paper, in color, with any medium.
4. Name, age, grade, a contact number or email, and school (or address, if homeschooled) must be written on the back IN PENCIL.
5. Provide between three and six specifications for your Superhero on the back IN PENCIL, or PAPERCLIP a separate piece of notebook paper (Is it female or male, a kid or an adult, have laser vision, stretchy arms, breath fire, etc. This can be in a list, or in story form either written by the entrant, or written in dictation by a parent. The creativity of the idea is what is important.) Any and all entries that offer gore, blood, sexual overtones, morally repugnant subject matter, or anything considered not representational of Eli’s Block Party will not be considered.
6. Judges will consider composition and creativity. Be sure to be detailed in the drawing, and in the specifications explanation.
7. The winning entry will be the property of the Foundation, and used at the discretion of the Foundation in advertising and marketing.
8. The Foundation reserves the right to combine Superhero ideas from more than one entry in order to create the perfect representation of a Superhero for the Foundation.
9. The Foundation will have the winning idea professionally recreated for use, but the winning entry will be on display at Superhero Fun Day.
10. The deadline to turn in artwork is March 17, 2018.
11. Artwork should be turned in to the student’s art teacher, or to Riff Raff Furniture located at 110 Washington Street East, Athens, AL, or mailed to the following address: Eli’s Block Party Art Contest, 24900 Savannah Trail, Athens, AL 35613.
12. Winning artwork displayed at Superhero Fun Day must be picked up at Superhero Fun day September 8th. All other artwork from schools that was entered will be returned to the respective school.
13. Artwork entered by individuals, or that was mailed in will not be returned.