Help us have a great show and keep everyone safe! We have made some adjustments in how the show will run and have some requests as well. Please, help us by pre-registering. This will cut back on some of the personal interactions between our volunteers and participants.
1. Please, be patient with us! Our years of experience running a car show just went down the drain. The logistics are new and untested for us, but know that our goal is to keep you safe while hosting a fun event that offers you an opportunity to enjoy your passion and do good at the same time.
2. This is a rain or shine event. We will grant refunds up until May 14th if the pandemic quarantine causes you to change your mind about attending, but we would greatly appreciate donations. As a charity organization, we appreciate and depend upon your support.
3. For car participants, we will come to you in your space to verify your registration and give you the swag bag and anything you order through the pre-registration. There is no information table to come to.
4. Please, WEAR a MASK and wash your hands or use sanitizer often. We have a disposable mask and gloves in the swag bags of registered car show participants.
5. Maintain at least a minimum of six feet from people around you that are not from your personal household. This includes standing in lines at the vendors, talking to others, walking the grounds. Please, be patient and considerate of others, especially while at the vendor booths.
6. Use the aisles to walk around the show and from which to view the vehicles. DO NOT enter the parking spaces to see a car up close if doing so infringes upon the six-feet rule with anyone in the area. If the owner is around, you might could ask permission to look closer.
7. Each vehicle for the show will have two parking spaces (one for the car, one for chairs, no canopies allowed in the parking spaces, only on the outer perimeter of the grounds). Show car owners should set up their chairs on the driver's side. When the chairs are not in use, fold them and lay them on the ground. The owner of the belongings are responsible for any damage those belongings do to neighboring vehicles.
8. If car owners are at their vehicle when our judges come around, he or she will ask if they can approach the vehicle. Car owners may take that time to walk the grounds or may maintain the six-feet distance as the judge moves around the vehicle. If car owners would rather they judge from the aisle, the owner can request that and they will do the best they can from the aisle.
9. We plan to use a radio transmitter as well as outdoor speakers for Joseph Scott to communicate with you throughout the show. We will let you know the channel.
10. There will be volunteers dedicated to each row of vehicles to help in any way. Inside each swag bag is a red card with a purple smiley face. If the car owner needs assistance or has a question, he or she can hold it up to get the attention of a volunteer.
11. Winning Ticket Numbers will be broadcast by the announcer several times throughout the day. If you have a winning number hold up your red card with the purple smiley face to get a volunteer's attention.
12. If a car owner is registered for the Exhaust Explosion, a volunteer will alert him or her when it is their turn to go to the Explosion Tent.
13. Awards Ceremony. Owners must stay at their vehicle in the assigned space. The announcer will broadcast the winners at 1:30 and a volunteer will deliver the awards.
14. Walt, the 6-year-old cancer kid who is our Headlight Hero will be driving through the grounds in his family vehicle to choose his favorite and the winner of our top award. He is currently on chemotherapy and can not be around any size group of people. Be sure to wave at him as he goes by.
1. Out of respect for our childhood cancer kids, and others touched by cancer, and out of respect for those who have worked to clean and preserve their vehicles, please do not smoke or vape on the showgrounds.
2. Alcoholic beverages are also not allowed.
3. Vulgar or offensive language, graphics, or decorations that compromise our kid-friendly atmosphere are prohibited.
5. No matter the weather, canopies/tents must be anchored with weights and are only allowed on the outer parameter of the show grounds. Chairs must also be folded on the ground when not in use. Please, respect the vehicles and help protect our show's integrity and reputation by following these rules.